Monday, May 4, 2009

Almond Poppy Seed Bread

I have had a few requests to post this, sorry it took me so long to do it! I'm sure most of you have made or had a recipe like this, so it's not like I invented it, but whenever I make it people LOVE it! I hope you really enjoy... by the way, it really tastes like cake, but for some reason it doesn't sound as bad for me when I call it bread!

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/8 cup oil
4 tsp. poppy seeds
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
Mix together all ingredients and beat for 2 minutes. Pour into greased pans and bake 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees. Mix glaze and pour over hot bread. Cool.
Glaze:
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract

1 comment:

Camilla said...

This bread looks so good, and I agree about it sounding more healthy. :) I have got to try this. And the nuts would be so good in the fall. I'll have to remember that. And of course, love the goop! :)