Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chile Lime Chicken Tostadas


I found a really great blog, I don't remember how, but somehow I came across it. realmomkitchen.com, everything on there looks so good. If only I could be as on top of it as some of these people who have food blogs...sigh, oh well. This is the first recipe that I have tried from it and we loved it. I have a similar recipe that I make with refried black beans that is delicious. We liked the added chicken to it.

1 can diced green chilies
4 cloves of minced garlic
1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
3 Tbsp. lime juice
1 diced medium onion
2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
1 can refried beans, warmed
10 tostada shells
Desired toppings such as: shredded lettuce (I used spinach, mmm), shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, sliced olives, guacamole
Add chicken and onion to a slow cooker. In a bowl combine green chilies, garlic, chili powder, and lime juice. Pour over chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Mix in 1/2 cup of juice remaining in slow cooker to the shredded chicken.
Spread warmed refried beans on tostada shells.
Top with hot chicken mixture and any other desired toppings

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I like that website also! This looks really good.

Jessica B Johnson said...

in-spite of it that am a man but i always like these kind of recipes, and after read you post i guessed that it is very easy to make it and i will enjoy it soon.

custom logo design